Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > about ready to throw this scanner in the...
about ready to throw this scanner in the trash

2624 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-03 20:01:05

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    AdamL
    2015-03-28 12:10:25
     I have had tons of problems with this scanner locking up constantly. it has all of the current updates. every time i try to load a vehicle it locks up. 

what can i do before i smash this 4500$ piece of crap.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-03-28 13:36:39 (Reply to:AdamL)

contact your supplier and complain and ask for a replacement there is something wrong there.

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-03-28 19:50:50 (Reply to:AdamL)

Wiping out the tool which includes wiping the internal sd card and reloading all the software will probably fix your problems. One thing to do is avoid using the tool to download other apps onto that tends to cause problems.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-03-29 07:17:14 (Reply to:mitch)

@mitch good point i hadn't thought of that but then i just use it as a tool nothing else.

•   Level 3   
    (97) points
    MrInspection

2015-03-29 07:50:45 (Reply to:mitch)

Yse I would reccomend the factory reset, you can use aftermarket apps but get them
    from the amazon store as these tablets treat anything google like a virus. Minde works
    great I have golauncher pandora mahjong, just don't go crazy with getting the tablet
    too loaded up with bs and it should be fine.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-03-29 17:03:01 (Reply to:AdamL)

It's better you contact your local dealer, if you have bought from your local dealer.

•   Level 6   
    (707) points
    hefaus

2015-03-29 17:13:51 (Reply to:AdamL)

Do a factory reset and re install your apps. Use the scanner for its purpose and dont add anything that is not on it already. That can cause problems. If that doesn't work then get another scanner under warranty. My scanner has worked without any problems since new. Great device. Sure hope you get over your problems. Regards Austin

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-03-31 04:32:45 (Reply to:AdamL)

yes, you can contact your dealer for warranty if it locks often since new (though we don't receive such feedback here), factory reset worth a try.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    AdamL
    2015-04-03 16:04:06 (Reply to:Autel Support)
    i havent downloaded anything on the tablet other then autel updates. it is factory otherwise.

i have opened a service ticket thought autel website. sadly no response from the yet been since i originally psted this post.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-04-03 20:01:05 (Reply to:AdamL)

Keep opening tickets with support eventually they'll call and they can use team viewer to connect to your maxisys to see what is going on. Found calling support to be pretty much useless (never got through) but they did answer multiple tickets on a daily basis.Have mine little over month and similar maybe not as severe as yours and they wound up going into root expolorer and modifying file with factory reset. I guess your registered and keep wi-fi working for when they call. I lost all my updates with support and had to re-install them all but scanner hardly locks now only when I'm doing some function that isn't going to work and I repetitively attempt same. The operating system is open source and Autel's focus was on making it work with their scanner/programming software so their the developers. I don't think unless your vendor says otherwise that he can help you only replace unit but he'll probably make you go through support first anyways. It all kinda of works but many features of scanner lacking because of operating system development (not ready for prime time). As a scanner it's coverage is exceptional.
  Total1 Pages